Friday, December 7, 2007

200 POSTS HOORAY!!!!!!!

Welcome to the 200th post of She Dances On The Sand!

As of this writing, I have 20,169 hits to my blog. I can't tell you how amazed I am at the size of that number, and how pleased I am that it ends in 69 (hur hur hur). I never thought that my silly old writings would be of much interest to anyone. I started off babbling about fish, fibromyalgia, and fat. I suppose I haven't changed that much since then.

I have kept a Livejournal for years. It helped me keep track of my daily life, and I have used it many times for reviewing what I've done and when. LJ has been and continues to be a wonderful social medium for me, and the things I write there are mostly informal and personal.

Earlier this year, I decided that I wanted to write more formal items and build my writing skills, so I started a public blog to see what kind of response I would get. I have been pleasantly surprised to find that people enjoy some of the things I write, even when they are personal! I've had a wonderful time doing this, and I hope to continue as long as I have the time and energy. I have had a few periods here and there where I was not feeling well or was too busy to keep up, but I've attempted to be disciplined about posting regularly.

So, here's hoping I make it to 400 in even less time than I made it to 200. Thank you to everyone who has read my blog in the past, and to those of you who are reading this post!

3 comments:

Vive42 said...

awesome for reaching 200- congrats! i know i love reading you :)

JeanC said...

Congrats! Believe me, it will get easier as time goes on :D

Jamie Boyle said...

Congratulations on reaching 200 posts!

Good job on your blog and look forward to seeing many more posts for the future.

Congratulations again!
Good Job!